- Food Coloring Gels
- Edible Shimmer
- Two dozen eggs or more [hard-boiled, or blown out with egg white/yolk removed]
- ¾ cup hot water [for each color]
- 1 tbsp white vinegar [for each color]
- Spoon or whisk
- 8 bowls [5 for dye baths, 3 for Edible Shimmer “paint”]
- Drying rack
- Paper towels
- Slotted spoon
- 1 ½ tsp clear vanilla extract, vinegar, or alcohol
- Makeup/craft brush or Fancy Dusting Pump
Food Coloring Gels Egg Dye Kit
Place a thick layer of paper towel under a drying rack.
Add 3/4 cup hot water and 1 tbsp white vinegar into each dye bath.
Mix in 5 drops of Food Coloring Gels into each dye bath stirring well until dissolved.
Place an egg into each dye bath until fully submerged.
Option 1 : Pastel
leave the egg submerged for 5-15 seconds.
Option 2: Vivid
Leave the egg submerged for 1-2 minutes.
Once the desired colors are achieved, remove the eggs with a slotted spoon.
Place wet eggs on the drying rack until fully dry.
Measure 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon of each Edible Shimmer color into a bowl and mix one drop at a time of clear vanilla extract, vinegar, or alcohol until paint-like consistency forms.
Decorate dried, dyed eggs with a dusting of Edible Shimmer or Edible Shimmer paint.